- For beautiful Man made Lakes, hills, mountains
- For Historical monuments
- Treat for Nature Lovers
- For beautiful Architectural works
- For Royal culture, Food and Shopping
Udaipur is situated in the southern part of Rajasthan ( a state in India), India. You can reach by Air ( direct and connecting flights from metro cities) , Train, Bus and/or Car/Cabs.
Here I am covering all the major tourist attractions which one should visit when in Udaipur.
1. Lake Fatehsagar ( A famous and huge man made lake). One simply can’t miss being here to enjoy the beautiful evening followed by Boating, Masala tea and Bread Pakoras, Sandwiches, Chanajor garam. 😋
2. City Palace – To know more about Rajasthani Culture , its history, City palace is a place to be at. You can click numerous pictures there where every wall has some story to tell. For Architecture lovers, visiting it is a treat. We got to know so many things about Rulers, Rajasthani culture, history. There were Crystal Gallery where everything was made up of Crystal,S museum.
3. Lake Pichola – Another man made lake which you can see from City Palace. Don’t miss a boat ride there to see Gangaur Ghat, Hotel Jagmandir Island Palace, Hotel Lake palace ( hotels in the middle of lake).
4. Monsoon Palace – It is a fort on the mountain which is famous for sun set. View from the top is worth visiting.
5. Jagdish Mandir – Another piece of architectural beauty. A Hindu temple to worship Lord Krishna.
6. Badi Lake and Bahubali Hills – As Udaipur is the city of Lakes, you will find so many lakes there which are surrounded by natural beauty. You can have a cycling trek to Bahubali hills as well.
7. Maharana Pratap Gourav Kendra – To know more about the history of Udaipur. You can see beautifully portrayed stories of Mewar, Its Emperors, their dedication.
UNIQUE EXPERIENCES IN Udaipur
8. Gangour Ghat – A place near Jagdish mandir attached to Lake Pichola. You can find so many lake view and roof top restaurants in this area. We went to Upre a rooftop restaurant ( view was outstanding) and Ambrai ( a restaurant just next to Lake Pichola).
9. Amrai Ghat – Yet another beautiful place by lake side. The view of City Palace, Gangour ghat, hotel Lake Palace and Jagmandir Island Palace from this place is picturesque. If you are one who loves peaceful environment or loves to spend your time looking at natural things, this place is a treat for you.
10. Shilpgram – A Village, though we missed visiting it during 10 days of Shilpgram festival still it was nice to be at.
11. Hathipol – Hathipol is famous for Handcrafted items, traditional tie and dye Sarees (Indian Attire) called Bandhej and Leheriya, Kurtis, Duppatas , Bedsheets, Bags, etc. Mainly it is a place for shoppers like me. You can find beautiful oxidised and meenakari jewellery, Lakh Bangles and so many other things. I bought beautiful multicolored Bandhej duppata and few pieces of jewellery and bangles.
If you have time you can cover Moti Magri, Nimuch Mata Temple ( on hill, you have to hike for 1 km but the view is to go for), Karni Mata Temple ( by ropeway) , Haldi Ghati ( 2-3 hours away), Kumbhalgarh ( 100 kms away), Jai Samand Lake (situated around 65 kms away), Nathdwara (45 kms away) for Shreenathji temple. We covered Shreenathji temple, Kumbhalgarh, Karni mata temple, Neemuch mata temple in our another trip.
Best time to visit Udaipur is during winters from November to Mid December and from Mid January to February End. Between Mid December and mid January it is extremely cold weather in Udaipur. And after February it starts getting hot. So better you plan your trip during the above mentioned time.