Why you should travel to Virginia?
Another reason you should travel to Virginia is for its natural beauty. It is full of lush forests, rolling mountains, and a beautiful coastline. Shenandoah National Park in the northwest offers hiking, canoeing, biking, camping, fishing, wildlife viewing and boating opportunities.
Where to travel to Virginia
● Shenandoah National Park: well known for the Skyline Drive and Big Meadows, offering hiking, canoeing, biking, camping, fishing, wildlife viewing and boating opportunities.
● Jamestown Settlement: a living history museum that interprets America's beginnings through program demonstrations and costumed interpreter personalities.
● Colonial Williamsburg: offers an expansive open-air museum with lush gardens. Visitors can stay in quaint Bed & Breakfast Inn's or townhouses.
● Lexington & Concord: offers Revolutionary War sites and museums where visitors can learn about America's fight for independence from colonial rule.
● Monticello: home of Thomas Jefferson; offers guided tours of Monticello, gardens and Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest.
● Luray Caverns: is the largest show cave in America; offers underground adventures with an interesting mix of limestone stalactites & stalagmites, including the largest column in the world!
Food and Beverages in Virginia
Virginia also produces delicious wine that is exported all over the world. Virginia wines range from excellent Pinot Noir to flavorful Chardonnays. There is a Virginia wine perfect for any palate.
Activities in Virginia
One of the most popular activities in Virginia is fishing because it is one of the states with the most coastline. Fishing opportunities are plentiful for smallmouth bass or trout. Virginia is also known for its go-to cuisine which includes North Carolina crawfish boil and Virginian baked ham served with thin applewood smoked bacon and creamy country gravy.
Interesting facts about Virginia
Additionally, Virginia has a rich artistic history that includes the birth of four United States presidents and many influential authors.
Travel within Virginia can be done by car or airplane, but you must definitely try to take advantage of all our state has to offer.