Why you should travel to Mauritius?
Here are highlights you should see while visiting Mauritius:
- Visit Le Morne Brabant National Park to see an iconic landmark of Mauritian culture.
- Spend your days at beautiful beaches like Trou Aux Biches or Grand Baie.
- Try out some delicious authentic cuisine from different cultures including Creole, Indian, Chinese, Portuguese, and French influences.
- Take a tour of the island via 4 x 4 or even on foot.
- Visit Port Louis to see some great local sites and culture.
- Hike up Le Pouce Mountain to take in amazing views of the entire island!
- Shop for spices at Tamarin Market.
There are so many amazing activities to do in Mauritius! You can also check out our blog to read more about the country, its history, and the local lifestyle!
When to travel to Mauritius
It is important to note that just because a certain period of time may be more popular for tourists does not mean that there are no tourists in other months as well. The weather will play a big role in what you can do on your vacation so research on what each month brings before making a decision!
Food and Beverages in Mauritius
If you're looking for something more substantial, check out some freshly caught seafood from the country's beautiful coastline.
Of course, every island needs a little bit of sweetness as well. The national fruit of Mauritius is mango and there are many different varieties that visitors can enjoy on the island!
What are some activities for visitors in Mauritius
Another popular activity is going on a safari during which you can see many different types of animals from all around the world. You might see elephants, zebras, giraffes, monkeys, and more!
What are some of the natural wonders that tourists should see
Another popular natural wonder in Mauritius is the Black River Gorges, National Park. It features national parks with rugged terrain and scenic views that you can enjoy on hikes or by kayaking around the falls.
The best way to explore this country's natural beauty would be to take an island-hopping trip! There are many different islands to discover and one of the most popular ones is Ile Aux Cerfs. You can enjoy a day on the beach, relax with some snorkeling, or try delicious seafood.